Website design, responsiveness, UX optimization, and load speed, among many other factors, can make or break a potential lead. Consider the following statistics and implement best practices on your company’s site.
Note: If you haven’t decided on how to build your website, check out my review of the best website builders to use in 2021.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Website Design Statistics
- Responsive design is crucial: 57% of internet users won’t recommend a site with a sub-par mobile design.
- First impressions are 94% design-related..
- 85% of adults think a company’s mobile web design should be better than its desktop design.
- A study found that 94% of negative website feedback was design related.
- 70% of small business websites lack a Call to Action (CTA) on their homepage.
- 75% of consumers admit to making judgements on a company’s credibility based on the company’s website design.
- If given 15 minutes to consume content, two-thirds of people would rather read something beautifully designed than something plain.
- 46% of consumers in the study based their decisions on the credibility of websites on their visual appeal and aesthetics.
- Users spend an average of 5.94 seconds looking at a website’s main image.
Website UX Statistics
- 83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important.
- It takes about 50 milliseconds for website visitors to decide whether they want to stay or leave on your site.
- 83% of people expect a website to load in 3 seconds or less.
- If a website’s content or layout is unattractive, 38% of people will stop interacting with it.
- Nearly 8 in 10 customers would stop engaging with content that doesn’t display well on their device.
- 77% of agencies believe that a bad website User Experience is a weakness for their clients.
- 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience.
- 39% of people will stop engaging with a website if images won’t load or take too long to load.
- 89% of consumers shop with a competitor after a poor user experience.
- 47% of users expect a maximum of 2 seconds loading time for an average website.
- Slow-loading websites cost retailers $2.6 billion in lost sales each year.
- It takes 2.6 seconds for a user’s eyes to land on the area of a website that most influences their first impression.
- Users spend an average of 5.59 seconds looking at a website’s written content.
Mobile Usage Statistics
- Mobile devices are projected to comprise 70% of global internet use by the end of 2022.
- According to Google, 61% of users are unlikely to return to a site on mobile if they had trouble accessing it and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead.
- In 2018, mobile ecommerce revenue accounted for 50% of total U.S. e-commerce revenue.
- 74% of users are more likely to return to mobile-friendly websites.