Content marketing is on the rise, and it’s not going to decline anytime soon. Content is being produced faster than ever and marketers are applying smarter strategies to get their content to their crowds.
Content Marketing Statistics: The State of Inbound Marketing in 2021
Here are some content marketing statistics you’ll need to know to scale your content production, distribution, and engagement.
1. 26% of American adults are online constantly every day.
2. The average blog post is 1142 words long.
3. 91% of B2B and 86% of B2C marketers are planning to use content marketing in their campaigns.
4. Blog content creation is a top priority for 53% of marketers.
5. 60% of B2C marketers are committed to content marketing.
6. 47% of your site visitors expect pages to load in under two seconds.
7. Around 79% of B2B buyers share white papers with colleagues.
8. 53% of visitors leave your site if content doesn’t load in 3 seconds or less.
9. 95% of video marketers plan to increase or maintain their spend on video in 2020.
10. 78% of companies report only having 1-3 content marketing specialists on their team.
11. 60% of people find it hard to produce content consistently.
12. Implementing a content marketing strategy can increase conversions by nearly 500% (.5% conversion rate before implentation compared to 2.9% after).
13. 86% of B2B marketers think their audience views their organization as a credible and trusted resource.
14. Only 24% of B2B marketers are actually partnering with others to expand their audience reach.
15. 85% of adults consume content on multiple devices at the same time.
16. 23% of sales people nag their marketing teams for higher quality leads while just 15% of them swear by “quantity over quality.”
17. 84% of B2B marketers report using paid distribution channels for their content marketing. 72% of that group use paid or promoted social media posts.
18. 84% of those using infographics find them effective.
19. Among Facebook users, 75% visit the site at least once a day.
20. WordPress users produce about 70 million new posts and 77 million new comments each month.
21. The top 3 goals of content marketing in 2020 are to generate more quality leads, attract traffic to company websites, and improve brand reputation.
22. 45% of global internet users aged 25-34 listen to podcasts.
23. 18% of marketers choose WordPress as their website content management system.
24. More than half of blogs’ traffic still comes from desktop even though mobile is on the rise.
25. Color has a 60% chance to make or break a conversion for online services.
26. 70% of media time and 79% of social media time happens on mobile devices.
27. 24% of marketers plan on increasing their investment in content marketing in 2020.
28. 53% of respondents said that video was the most useful form of content.
29. 63% of respondents said they would share video to colleagues.
30. 53% of those surveyed responded that reading 3-5 pieces of content was typical before contacting the supplier.
31. Only 42% of companies consider their content marketing efforts “mature” or “sophisticated.”
32. By the end of this year, 52% of all web traffic will be mobile.
33. Only 24% of B2B marketers are actually partnering with others to expand their audience reach.
34. 97% of B2B buyers reported putting more emphasis on the trustworthiness of the source of their content.
Sources: PewResearch, PointVisible, QuickSprout, ZazzleMedia, HubSpot, OptinMonster, OrbitMedia, Statista, Forbes, Content Marketing Institute, SEMrush, Wyzowl, ThinkWithGoogle, On24, IsolineComms, Ricky Wang