Everyone knows or has heard of email marketing. But not everyone knows why it’s important or what the big deal about it is.
No more fluff, let’s get right to the facts.
1. Global email users amounted to 3.9 billion users in 2019.
2. 93% of B2B marketers use email to distribute content.
3. 80% of business professionals believe that email marketing increases customer retention.
4. 59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI.
5. 75% of marketers are using at least one type of marketing automation tool.
6. In 2019, 293.6 billion emails were sent DAILY.
7. Nearly 87% of marketers use email marketing to distribute their content.
8. 81% of small and midsize businesses rely on email as their primary customer acquisition channel.
9. 46% of email opens happen on mobile devices.
10. 35% of business professionals use a mobile device to check their emails.
11. 83% of B2B companies use e-newsletters in their content marketing strategy.
12. Welcome emails have an 50% average open rate.
13. In the US, 59.7% of email openers read emails while 21.7% just skim them.
14. 90% of content marketers say email engagement is the primary metric they use to measure content performance.
15. The average ROI for email marketing is 4200%. That’s $42 for every $1 spent.
16. If email users don’t know the email senders, about 43% of users will label them as spam.
17. About 59% of customers say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions.
18. Emails rank as the third most influential source of information for B2B audiences.
19. The average email open rate is 20.81%.
20. Transactional emails have an average Click-Through-Rate (CTR) of just 4.8%.