We’ll keep it straight-forward. Here are all the details you will ever need.
Note: If you send me a draft of any sort with a clear attempt at link building (without an approved link beforehand), I will remove the links I don’t like and will publish the post as my own. You’ve been warned, and thanks for the free content.
Make sure you have these things in your email:
- Your name
- Who you’re working for / your site
- Category you want to write for e.g. marketing, ecommerce, finance, etc.
- At least 3 relevant samples on DR50+ sites (Recommended)
- I don’t want your “I’m a frequent reader of your blog” or “I loved XX post b/c XX” Just get to the damn point (but exceptions certainly do apply)
- Don’t follow up if I haven’t replied within 24 hours. I’ve seen your email, but I didn’t like it. Feel free to take your chances and send another improved pitch (I’ll take note of the changes, etc.)
Here are the requirements for topic ideas (I could provide some if you’d like):
- Must have over 5,000 monthly searches (some exceptions apply). LSI / semantic keywords may be included.
- Main keyword must have under 50 keyword difficulty (Ahrefs KD)
- Must have some sort of revenue potential. If it’s a stretch, explain how it’ll be useful to me in your email.
Different categories you can choose from:
- Productivity (businesses)
- Case studies
- Websites / Hosting
- Lead generation
- Something related
Note: For “case study” pitches, if I haven’t heard of your company or others involved, the email goes to the trash bin.
Guest post (content) requirements:
- 2,000 words (absolute minimum)
- Basic SEO best practices
- No more than 2-3 sentences per paragraph
- Strict linking*
- Include graphs/screenshots to prove points (no generic images). Include them as max 800px wide jpg. with appropriate file names
- Include statistics. Link the source like this:
- Don’t include a TOC. I’ll get that done myself.
- Bullet points look awesome anywhere except the intro and summary
*Notes on linking:
Only 1 unnatural/forced link will be “Do-Follow”, but I reserve the right to remove or “No-Follow” any links.
AND NO LINKS TO PROMOTIONAL/LANDING/COMPETING PAGES
In addition to the article, here’s what I’ll need from you (just pick ONE of the following):
1. A DoFollow link (or however many to reciprocate) to my site (must be approved beforehand).
2. If 1 link: $300 within 48 hours of publication of the guest post.
3. If 2+ links: $250/link within 48 hours of publication of the guest post.
Will I have an author byline?
The author of the post will be “Ricky Wang” but if you wish, you may have your name included at the bottom of the article.
How long does it take for my post to get published?
Maximum of 5 days. If it takes longer, your writing sucked (not going to sugarcoat anything).
Do you offer sponsored guest post options?
Very, very rarely. If you believe you can offer something worthwhile, shoot me an email.
Do you “do follow” (
no follow, ugc, sponsored) all links?
Read the linking guidelines above.
My “friend” would like to contribute.
I am aware of this content marketing tactic … but I’m all for it! I encourage you to make intros and whatnot as long as your partners know the guidelines.
Ready? Just shoot me your pitch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don’t bite – unless you make me.
Have a splendid day.