We’ll keep it straight-forward. Here are all the details you will ever need.
Make sure you have these things in your email:
- Your name
- Who you’re working for / your site
- Category you want to write for e.g. marketing, ecommerce, finance, etc.
- At least 3 topic ideas
- At least 3 relevant samples on DR50+ sites (Recommended)
- I don’t want your “I’m a frequent reader of your blog” or “I loved XX post b/c XX” Just get to the damn point (but exceptions certainly do apply)
- Don’t follow up if I haven’t replied within 24 hours. I’ve seen your email, but I didn’t like it. Feel free to take your chances and send another improved pitch (I’ll take note of the changes, etc.)
Here are the requirements for topic ideas:
- Must have over 5,000 monthly searches (some exceptions apply). LSI / semantic keywords may be included.
- Main keyword must have under 50 keyword difficulty (Ahrefs KD)
- Must have some sort of revenue potential. If it’s a stretch, explain how it’ll be useful to me in your email.
Different categories you can choose from:
- Productivity (businesses)
- Case studies
- Websites / Hosting
- Lead generation
- Something related
Note: For “case study” pitches, if I haven’t heard of your company or others involved, the email goes to the trash bin.
Guest post (content) requirements:
- 2,000 words (absolute minimum)
- Basic SEO best practices
- No more than 2-3 sentences per paragraph
- Link as freely as you want*
- Include graphs / screenshots to prove points (no generic images). Include them as max 800px wide jpg. with appropriate file names
- Include statistics. Link the source like this:
- Don’t include a TOC. I’ll get that done myself.
- Bullet points look awesome anywhere except the intro and summary
*Notes on linking:
Target site(s)’ DR/DA metrics must be 10+ DR/DA points higher than RickyWang.com at the time of submission.
Only one exception will be made (but there are still regulations).
Only 1 unatural/forced link will be “Do-Follow” and I reserve the right to remove or “No-Follow” any other links.
NO PROMOTIONAL LINKS (Unless you have an affiliate program)
Will I have an author byline?
No, this is to prevent unwanted affiliations. And the author of the post will be “Guest Author” or “Ricky Wang.” It’ll be the latter by default.
How long does it take for my post to get published?
Maximum of 3 days. If it takes longer, your writing sucked (not going to sugarcoat anything).
Do you offer sponsored guest post options?
Very, very rarely. If you believe you can offer something worthwhile, shoot me an email.
Do you “do follow” (
no follow, ugc, sponsored) all links?
Read the linking guidelines above.
My “friend” would like to contribute.
I am aware of this content marketing tactic … but I’m all for it! I encourage you to make intros and whatnot as long as your partners know the guidelines.
Ready? Just shoot me your pitch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don’t bite – unless you make me.
Have a splendid day.